My Shopping List
Country-Style Ribs with Mojo
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: n/a
Marinate: 8 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 lb. country-style pork ribs
+ 12 cloves garlic, smashed
+ about 2/3 c. canola oil
+ 3 oranges
+ 4 limes
+ 3 Tbsp. adobo sauce, from a can of chipotles in adobo
+ 3 Tbsp. brown sugar, packed
+ 3 Tbsp. olive oil
+ leaves from 4 sprigs thyme
+ 1 tsp. ground cumin
+ 1/2 tsp. pepper
+ 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
What to do:
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the garlic and enough canola oil to barely cover it. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until the garlic is tender and lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Strain and set the garlic aside.
2. Zest the oranges and set the zest aside. Juice the oranges and limes. In the jar of a blender, combine the orange juice, lime juice, garlic, adobo sauce, brown sugar, olive oil, thyme, cumin, pepper and coriander and process to purée. Stir in the zest. Transfer to a large resealable bag and add the pork. Set aside in the refrigerator overnight.
3. Prepare a grill to medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove the pork from marinade and grill, turning occasionally, until the ribs are tender. Remove the ribs from the grill and let rest 3 minutes.
* Stay in the Caribbean style and serve these ribs with grilled plantains or coconut rice. If you like, you can use the mojo marinade on other cuts of pork as well™try it with roasts, chops, and tenderloins.
* Courtesy of Chef Michelle Bernstein
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: